This delicious horchata goes excellent with Mexican food of course but also with spicy afro Caribbean and Indian food!
- 1 tin of 400ml – 13.52 fl oz of coconut cream – make sure is not milk but cream-
- 500ml – 16.90 fl oz of milk you can use soya or another substitute
- 1 lt – .264 gal of chilled water
- 180g – 6.34 of caster sugar
To garnish our horchata you will need:
- 60g – 2.11 oz chopped cantaloupe
- 45 g- 1.58 oz chopped pecans
- A pinch of ground cinnamon
You will also need a can opener blender, and a jar to serve.
Some brands sell sweetened coconut cream you might need to use more or even less sugar, but that’s entirely up to you.
- Begin by opening our tin and pour it all in the blender, add the milk and some of the chilled water.
- Liquefy this to perfectly incorporate our cream to the milk and water, it won’t take too long.
- Transfer the mix into the jar, add the remaining water and try it to see how much sugar you will need.
- Now let’s add the cantaloupe, pecans and cinnamon, give it a good mix and it’s ready be served or chilled for a little while.