Guacamole is lovely as a starter with some corn chips or vegetable crisps. In Mexico is often served at barbecue-parties as the creaminess and fresh flavours of guacamole pair excellent with the smoky flavours and textures of grilled meats.
Makes enough for 4-5 people
- 3 ripe but firm hass avocados.
- 1big tomato
- 1/4 of a small onion
- 3 tbsp coriander
- The juice of 1/2 Lime
- Generous pinch of salt
- *1 tbsp of olive oil. Optional
You will also need: One bowl to prepare the guacamole, a chopping board, a knife, a fork and a spoon.
- Slice open the avocados using whichever of the method shown in the tutorial.
- Slice the pulp in cubes then scoop them with the spoon and place them in the bowl.
- Use the fork and mash the avocado.
- Dice the tomato, and add it to the mixing bowl.
- Next chop the onion but not too small.
- Continue with the coriander, chop it roughly and add to the rest of the ingredients.
- Sprinkle a good pinch of salt, squeeze the lime.
- Optional: a drizzle of olive to emulsify the avocado and retard the oxidation process.
- Mix all the ingredients.
Serve it in smaller bowls and present with some corn chips or keep it in one single container.