LIME & CHIA
To make 1.5 lt – .397 gal of lime refresher you will need:
- 5 limes
- 1.5 lt – .397 gal of chilled water
- 180g – 34 oz of caster sugar
- 40g – 4 tsp chia seeds
You will also need a blender and a colander
- begin by slicing the limes in quarters, remove all the seeds and put into the blender. Add some of the water, about two cups and now we will blend the limes. This will help us squeeze all the nice strong flavours of the skin apart from the nice juice.
- You don’t want to overdue this process because the concentrate will be bitter.
- Now simply pass this through the colander and into the jar.
- Add the remaining water and the sugar.
- The sugar will take a while to dissolve so you might want to whisk it every now and then before serving.
- Another traditional way to prepare this refresher in Mexico is by adding a couple of table spoons of chia seeds and let them soak for a couple of hours, this will add a nice texture and a stunning look.