Agua de Jamaica or hibiscus, a very intense and tangy flavour that goes really well with spicy food!
To make 1.5 lt – .396 gal of agua de Jamaica- hibiscus refresher you will need:
- 150g – 5.29 oz dried hibiscus flowers.
- 1.5 lt – .396 gal chilled water
- 250g – 8.81 oz of caster sugar
You will also need a pot and a colander.
You can buy hibiscus flowers at Mexican minimarts, organic food shops and you can easily order it online too.
- Begin by boiling the hibiscus flowers for 10 minutes in half a litre to make a very rich concentrate. Let it cool completely before using.
- Now pass it through a colander.
You can boil the flowers again although the infusion won’t be as strong.
- And now add the remaining water and sugar.
- Whisk vigorously as the sugar will take some time to dissolve.
- You can serve it with some extra ice.