FRESH RED SALSA
Enjoy this salsa with some tacos, grilled meat, wraps, potato nuggets, and even schnitzel!
- 3 ripe tomatoes
- 1/4 onion
- The juice of 1/2 Lime
- One or two serrano chillies (you can use jalapeño as well)
- And a pinch of salt
- And optional half a clove of garlic
You will also need a blender and a bowl or jar to serve.
- Wash your chillies and tomatoes.
- If you don’t want too much heat, remove remove the seeds and some of the veins of the chillies as seen in the tutorial.
- Chop the tomatoes in quarters and pop them in the blender along with the onion,
- chillies and garlic.
- Grind into a perfect purée, and transfer to a bowl or a jar.
- Season with a pinch of salt, and squeeze the lime.
Because the tomatoes are rich in pectin, which acts like a natural gelatine it will naturally tend to solidify and split, which is why you want to serve it as fresh as possible.
If you want to keep it for a day or two in the fridge, simply give it a good shake before using it, but since it’s so easy to make it’s worth preparing it right before enjoying it.